We will arrange to dispatch your goods when full payment has been received. The delivery schedule will be arranged directly with the customer to ensure delivery dates are convenient.
Deliveries are made to the ‘kerb side’ at the nearest access point to the delivery address for the delivery vehicle. The client is responsible for taking the delivery into their site. It is the responsibility of the client that the delivery address will be accessible by lorry. If this is not the case and there is a problem (e.g. the road is subject to a vehicle weight or width limit), please inform us whilst arranging delivery with our staff.
The person who placed the order will need to be at the delivery address to sign for the goods. The delivery on the day can be any time between 8am and 6pm. The goods should be inspected immediately on delivery as no claims with regard to damaged items or incorrect goods can be made after the courier has left delivery address, unless signed for as damaged or wrong goods delivered on delivery note.
The person receiving the delivery is responsible for checking that the delivered quantity (floor area or number of packs) agrees with the Delivery Note. If a pallet has been sent out all packs on the pallet must be checked. Claims for quantity differences after the courier has left can not be accepted.
Please inspect your goods immediately on delivery. No claims with regard to damaged items can be made after the courier has left the delivery address, unless signed for as damaged on delivery. Damaged goods should be returned with the courier.
The client will be responsible for checking against the invoice to confirm that the ordered goods are correct and are as expected.
If no one is available to accept delivery when it is made there will be a charge of £60 levied for the failed delivery. Should the order then be subsequently cancelled, the re-stocking charge will apply.
Customers should not book any fitting service before having the goods delivered. Delivery dates may change due to unavailable stock levels or the delivery courier not being able to deliver. We reserve the right to invoice the customer or charge the card used with us for up to £70 to cover redelivery charges in case the customer is not in and unable to accept delivery.
We guarantee our product to be free of physical defect on delivery. Each product has a different warranty please call for more information. If you have a complaint on any product or service we provide this will be responded to within 5 working days.
The product should not be exposed to direct sunlight or extreme environmental conditions (e.g. Temperature, Humidity) which may affect the physical stability and/or appearance. Damage from incorrect installation, environment, misuse or other accident however caused will nullify the guarantee.
Notification of any request to return goods must be made in writing within 3 days of receipt of goods. The return must be made within 7 days of receipt of the goods. Prior to returning any products, you need to obtain a Product Return Number by contacting Us via the Contact Us page. The Product Return Number must be attached to the shipment. Only based on that Product Return Number and after checking the goods are as dispatched, we will be able to issue a credit note. The final decision as to whether the goods are accepted back remains with us.
All goods returned must be received in same condition as dispatched and in the same original protective delivery packaging. The cost of returning the goods will be borne by the client.
Orders that are cancelled less than 48hrs before delivery will be charged for delivery cancellation. All credits will be processed within 28 days. Any refunds will be paid within 30 days.
These conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The terms relating to Standard Products and Bespoke Products are given below:
Standard Products can only be accepted for restocking if they are undamaged and in the original packaging. A 30% handling charge of the returned goods value will be deducted from your credit note. This also applies to order cancellations prior to dispatch.
The delivery charge element is not refundable.
We do not accept part order returns. We will accept complete order returns. We cannot accept returned goods if they are no longer saleable. Bespoke Products
Returns of Bespoke Products (manufactured to your order) can not be accepted. The delivery charge element is not refundable.
Before installing the boards all reasonable care should be taken to ensure that ALL the boards are flawless. We will not accept claims for damaged, faulty or incorrect items once the flooring has been laid. Once the goods have started to be installed or used in any other way it will be taken as conclusive evidence that the buyer has accepted that ALL goods are in good order. The buyer has full responsibility for the suitability of the goods ordered for the purpose to which they are put.
Accessories are normally only sold together with flooring products. In the event that accessories are ordered without flooring a delivery charge is still applicable. The charge will be shown on the invoice.
Our minimum order quantity is 5m2. Orders for lesser amounts will be charged at the rate for 5m2. For other bespoke items, the minimum order value is £175.
In the case where we are not installing the flooring, the responsibility for the correct specification of all aspects of the flooring, including measurements and wastage allowance calculation, the verification of the initial and final conditions will reside with the client detailed on our invoice, it is our strong recommendation that these specifications are checked by the person responsible for fitting the flooring.
When we are installing flooring, the site must be clear of all other trades to allow the work to be completed unimpeded. If the site conditions are not ready, we reserve the right to halt work and reschedule. An abortion fee will be charged.
If the client cancels or postpones the fitting with less than 48hrs notice of the agreed start time, this will incur a rearrangement fee of £420. The minimum area for a site visit or fitting is 50m2.
The reaction of customer supplied wood to the finishing process can result in a wide variation in the resulting colour range. Particularly if the finishing process uses Fuming or Reactive Staining, the finish colour variation can be extreme and can not be defined before the finishing process. The variation in colour is a factor of the wood and is not under the control of the finishing processes.
Should there be a wide variation in the colour range, the client is responsible for:
Where we are working on an installed floor, the area will be clear of all obstructions (e.g. furniture, other trades, etc) to allow the work to be completed unimpeded. We are not responsible for damage to any items left in the work area.
Payment terms will be detailed on your invoice. Full settlement of our invoice is to be completed prior to your order being released.
If you are unable to take delivery of your order, we will be able to put it into storage for you. On storage, your order will attract a daily storage charge of £5.00 per pallet per day. Full payment of our invoice is required at the time your order is placed into storage.
If you cancel your order, we will require payment for the work undertaken and material consumed.
If you put your order on hold, we will require payment for the work undertaken and material consumed, in addition to a daily storage charge. We will not be liable for damage or loss to any goods (including any raw materials) stored with us. Goods are held at the owners risk.
Your flooring will be delivered in packs of boards bundled together. The time between delivery and unbundling for laying must be less than 6 weeks. The storage conditions must be in a ventilated room allowing free air flow, be between 45% to 65% RH and between 15°C to 25°C.
In the unlikely event of us damaging any goods or property, we reserve the right to make repairs using our preferred tradesmen.
Where we are undercutting skirting boards, we will not be liable for any damage to unseen cabling and pipe work. Any paint work flaking off where the paint is not bonded to the skirting is a by-product of the cutting action for which the client is responsible for redecorating.
For orders placed in the UK, the current enforced level of VAT is added (20% as of January 2011), unless otherwise indicated.
1. (a) All sales shall be deemed to be made between Us and the buyer in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Sale herein after mentioned. In the event of any conflict between the Conditions and any terms and conditions put forward by the Buyer, these conditions shall prevail.
(b) All representation on behalf of Us are valid only if they confirmed in writing and the Buyer shall not rely upon any representation unless confirmed in writing.
(c) The prices for all materials or goods supplied and transportation shall be strictly in accordance with those prices at the time of order currently notified and published by Us unless otherwise confirmed in writing by us.
Goods are not sold (or tested) as conforming to any British Standard Specification or as fit for any particular purpose, unless expressly so stated in writing, and any term, condition or warranty that the goods are so fit is excluded.
2. All goods are to be paid for at the time of ordering, unless some other terms have been specifically agreed in writing between Us and the buyer. Any overdue accounts will attract a charge of interest at the rate of 2% above the base rate per month or part thereof. In the event that Court proceedings have been instigated, all costs relating to such proceedings will become the responsibility of the Buyer.
3. The ownership of the goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Buyer has paid to Us the whole price thereof. The Buyer agrees that, prior to the payment of the whole price of the goods, we may, at any time enter upon the Buyer’s premises and remove the goods and that the Buyer shall keep the goods separate and identifiable for this purpose. The buyer may not install the goods prior to completion of payment in full. Notwithstanding that ownership of the goods shall not pass to the Buyer save as provided above, the goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer from the time of collection or delivery to him of the goods.
4. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check the goods for damage or wrong delivery before accepting delivery. No claim for damages or wrong delivery can be made if the carriers receipt is signed as goods received in good condition. Any claim for damages or wrong delivery must be made in writing within 3 days of receipt of goods, failing which all claims shall be deemed to be waived.
5. Whilst every effort will be made by Us to ensure that the correct quantity and quality of goods are delivered within a timely manner to the buyer, neither Us nor the manufacturer shall be liable for any damages caused by such omissions or delays.
6. In installing or using any goods or equipment supplied by Us the purchaser shall observe all instructions, directions and warnings issued by Us or the manufacturer. Details of the flooring installation and wood specification are given in our Flooring Information Pack.
7. After installing the product, the environmental conditions shall be adhered to as stipulated in the Flooring Information Pack.
8. In cases of faulty or defective goods the liability of the seller shall be limited in value to the sum paid for the goods.
9. All cases of force majeure such as wars, riots, strikes, lockouts, bankruptcy, fire, water damage, delay in transport, lack of means of transport, breakdown in factories or those of our suppliers or any other unforeseeable events give us the right to postpone the fulfilment of the contract, as well as to cancel it partially or wholly without thereby conferring on the Buyer the right to claim damages against Us or the manufacturers.
10. The contract between Us and the Buyer shall be deemed to have been made at the companies registered office.
11. All contracts subject to these Conditions between Us and the Buyer shall be subject to and interpreted in accordance with English law and the Buyer hereby agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of all claims, disputes or differences arising out of or in connection with any such contract.
Floors etc. at the Lifestyle Studio
Stoneacre, Grimbald Crag Close
Phone: 01423 797 272
Phone: 02033 290282
Lunch 1-2pm except Saturday
Tuesday-Thursday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Friday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am – 3.00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Bank Holiday weekends inc Saturday closed
Alternatively, we would be delighted to discuss your requirements at home or on site. Alternative times available by calling 01423 797 272 or 02033 290282